What is a Dental Veneer?
Dental veneers, also known as laminates, are thin shells of resin or porcelain that are bonded to the surface of teeth to help create a beautiful and better smile.
When Do You Need Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers can be used to fix any of the below teeth:
- Misaligned Teeth
- Chipped or Broken Teeth
- Gaps in Your Teeth
- Worn Down Teeth
- Discolored Teeth
In most cases, very little or no teeth structure is removed before placing veneers.
Dental Veneers Procedure
- At your first appointment, you’ll get x-rays to help determine the best treatment plan for you.
- Next, your dentist needs to ready the teeth for the implants by trimming about half a millimeter of your tooth enamel.
- After, a mold of your teeth will be taken and sent off to a lab that will form the veneers. This could take 1-2 weeks.
- Once the veneers are ready, your dentist will check them to make sure the color and fit work best for your smile. Then the dentist will roughen the teeth so the veneers can better adhere to them.
- Ultraviolet light and cement will then be used to attach the veneers to the teeth.
- After a few weeks, you’ll check-in with the dentist at a follow-up appointment.
Schedule a Free Consultation
If you are in need of a dentist, Mile High Dental & Implant Centers has 3 convenient locations in Lakewood, Westminster & Englewood. We accept most dental insurances and we have a full team of specialists on our staff. We also provide specialty implant services.