What Is A Dental Filling?
Dental fillings are needed when decay has formed a “hole” in the tooth. If this decay is not removed it can become a trap for food and bacteria. Dental cavities continue to worsen until the area is properly cleaned of any decay and finally replaced with a dental filling.
When dental fillings are small, the dental treatment is affordable and oftentimes covered mostly by dental insurance. Our offices offer general dental exams that are covered by dental insurance in most cases to help keep a lookout for dental decay or periodontal disease.
Signs You Need a Filling
If you are suffering from the following symptoms, you may need a dental filling.
- Sensitivity to hot, cold, and sugary foods
- General tooth pain
- Dark spot(s) on the surface of the tooth
- Pain when biting or chewing
- Tearing floss in a specific spot
- Rough, chipped, or broken tooth
- Pain when biting or chewing on a certain tooth
- Previous dental filling needs to be replaced
Start With a Free Consultation
If you are in need of a dentist, Mile High Dental & Implant Centers has 4 convenient locations in Denver, Lakewood, Westminster & Englewood. We accept most dental insurances and we have a full team of specialists on our staff. We also provide specialty implant services.